You are eligible to take a defensive driving course once every 12 months. This will get your Texas ticket dismissed and will relieve you from having to pay the fines and costs associated with the traffic ticket.
In order to dismiss a traffic citation by taking a driving safety course:
- Enter a plea of ‘guilty’ or ‘no contest’ to the charge, request to take the course, and pay the fees to the court;
- Present a valid Texas driver’s license or permit, you must NOT possess a Commercial Driver License (CDL);
- Have not completed a course within one year of the date of this ticket;
- Were not speeding 25 MPH or more over the posted speed limit;
- Present proof of liability insurance;
- Complete course within 90 days of court approval;
- Submit uniform certificate of completion (obtained upon completion of the course) and driving record (obtainable from DPS in Austin for $10), in accordance with Court instructions.
Out-of-state convictions for Texas drivers: Out-of-state violations are reported on your Texas driving record and points are assessed according to Texas laws.
Out-of-state drivers: The Texas court where you got the ticket will report the offense to your home state. Non-resident military members who receive a ticket in TX can have it dismissed by taking a TEA-approved driving safety course. Other drivers should contact the court of jurisdiction to see if taking a TEA-approved driving safety course will get the ticket dismissed./course/course.php" onclick="eraseCookie('selfsubmitstateform'); eraseCookie('coursestate');">Get Started Now!